Another Week of Bracelet-A-Day
It's been a great fourth week. Only 48 more to go!The week four bracelets are a mix of traditional sorts of designs and something I am currently calling "Flex-elets". This is a spin on the earlier twisted wire bracelets. This group is designed to be manipulated by the wearer. The length, density of the loops, and general look can be changed to suit the wearer's tastes. The bottom three on this week's photo, below, are the ones designed this way.
Of course, they are built on a metal frame, so there is a limit to how many times they can be altered and survive. If there is enough interest in them, I'll use a sturdier base and see what we can accomplish.
Hand-Made Crafts at the Daytona Beach Flea Market
Last Sunday was the first ever showing specifically dedicated to handcrafted items held by the Daytona Beach Flea Market. We had a lot of variety among the artisans on site, with a surprisingly small number of jewelry artists - five, I think it was. Each of us had distinctly different styles, which was also a happy surprise.
My friend Denise Walsh and I had side-by-side tables, and heard a lot of complements, but didn't see a lot of sales. Denise, whose work is particularly beautiful, had several. I managed to sell one necklace. There are lots of things to think about as to what worked and what did not. We are both trying again in December, in hopes that the approaching holiday will boost sales.
One big change for December will be in the way I decorate my table.
This was November:
I'm thinking a couple of small decorated trees and a garland would be good for December, and maybe some shiny gift boxes with the pieces displayed inside of them.
(Other suggestions welcome!)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home